At Nako General Food Store we are committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. We pledge to keep any personal information you give us safe and secure and process it in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
It is important that you read this policy to make yourself fully aware of the reasons for Nako General Food Store processing your personal information.
Personal information we collect
The personal information we may collect and process includes:
- Your first name, last name, maiden name, email address, gender, date of birth, postal address and telephone number so that we can contact you to administer and provide products and services you request or have shown an interest in
- Your payment details so that we can obtain payments for purchases you have made for our products and services that we provide to you
- Your login data and similar security information used for authentication and account access
- Information about your computer, your IP address, browser type and browsing activity whilst on our website. This is done through cookies. See the “Cookies” section below for more details
- Your marketing preferences, or information you provide in any communication when you participate in any blog, community or forum on our site
- Any additional personal information that you may provide to us from time to time if you contact us by email, letter or telephone, through our website or by any other means.
We may ask you to complete surveys about your experience of our products and services, that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
Why we use your personal information
We may use the personal information collected to:
- Provide our products and services
- Manage our relationship with you which may include notifying you about changes to our service; asking you to leave a review or take a survey
- Create and manage online accounts
- Provide you with the ability to take part and use interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- Communicate with you, and manage your involvement in, promotions, offers and market research
- Reply to queries from you and other third-parties, plus enquiries from law enforcement agencies in accordance with applicable law
- Quantify or comprehend the usefulness of the advertising we provide to you
- Obey with and apply appropriate legal requirements, pertinent industry standards and contractual responsibilities, and
- Establish, exercise or defend our lawful rights and legal claims.
How we collect your personal information
The ways in which we may collect personal information from you are as follows:
- When you communicate with us through our websites, including completing forms
- When you purchase our products and services
- When you communicate with us by email, phone, post and mail
- When you take a survey or register and complete competition
- When you sign up to our publications
- When you register an online account through our website
- Provide feedback on our products and services
- When you make use our social media channels to talk with us
- By way of direct marketing communications, and
- Information we may receive from external third parties and gain from publicly available sources.
Our basis for processing personal information
We will only ever process your personal information if we have a lawful basis to do so. The lawful bases we rely on are;
- Contract – This is where the processing of your information is required to satisfy a contractual arrangement that we have agreed with you.
- Consent – This is where we have requested you to provide unambiguous permission to process your data for a particular purpose.
- Legitimate interests – This is where we rely on our business interests as a purpose for processing, generally this is to provide you with the best products and service in the most secure and appropriate way.
- Legal obligation – This is where we have a statutory or other legal obligation to process the information to comply with the law.
If you fail to provide the required information when requested we may not be able to fulfil existing contractual arrangements with you, enter into new contracts with you, or meet our legal obligations. Therefore, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services and may have to cancel existing contractual arrangements.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We may share personal information with third parties for the purposes detailed below:
- Service providers that help us run our business, such as providers of analytics, payment processing, technology services, marketing, advertising, data storage and hosting
- Law enforcement agencies and regulators, in respect of satisfying our legal responsibilities and processing requests or orders received from those bodies
- Courts, legal counsels or other parties, where required, and in respect of legal proceedings, claims, and complaints in this context
- Where our business is sold or combined with another business, our advisers and any potential buyer’s adviser and the new proprietors of the business.
Your confidentially is of the highest importance to Nako General Food Store, we will only sell your personal information where you have given us explicit consent and it is lawful to do so.
How we store your personal information
We take data privacy and the protection of your personal information extremely seriously. To this extent we use suitable technical and administrative measures to ensure we protect your personal information under our supervision. We implement security measures appropriate to the type of the processing and frequently review these measures to confirm they continue to be appropriate.
How long do we retain personal information?
We will not hold on to your personal information for longer than is necessary for the purpose it was collected. This means that information will be destroyed when it is no longer required.
Under certain conditions we may anonymise your personal information (meaning it can no longer be linked with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Children’s privacy protection
Our services are not intended for children. We do not deliberately target, gather or keep data about children.
Your rights and choices
Under data protection laws, you have certain data protection rights including your right to ask us to provide copies of personal information we may hold about you and ask that we correct any inaccuracies or compete any incomplete personal data.
You may ask that we erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
In specific situations, you can request the restriction or suppression of the processing of your personal data.
Where we have requested and obtained your consent for processing your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent.
In certain circumstances, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal information, unless we can show we have a compelling reason to continue processing.
You have the right, in certain situations, to ask us to have the personal information you have provided to us to be transferred to another organisation, or to you.
You have the right to request that you opt out of marketing communications.
Furthermore, you have the right to lodge a complaint to the appropriate supervisory authority, in the United Kingdom that is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), where you perceive any alleged infringements of your data protection rights or laws have occurred.
There is usually no fee to pay for exercising your rights. However, in certain situations we may apply a reasonable fee to cover our administrative costs where a request is clearly unfounded, or excessive, or the request is for further copies of your information.
There may be occasions we refuse to comply with your request if it is clearly unfounded or excessive.
Upon exercising your rights and making a request we will respond within one month. However, if the request is particularly complex it may take us longer and, in these circumstances, a further 2 months may be required to respond.
If you wish to make a request please see the “How to contact us” section below for our contact details.
Nako General Food Store does not transfer personal information outside of the United Kingdom. If this were to change in the future, we would only transfer your personal information outside of the UK where we are satisfied that appropriate levels of protection are provided to protect the integrity and security of your personal information or suitable security measures are followed and in compliance with applicable privacy and data protection laws.
Changes to this policy
We recommend that you check this policy regularly to keep up-to-date with any changes.
How to contact us
Effective and last updated: 15/01/2021